A gathering of locals who are interested in learning more about mutual aid, and in building a network of mutual aid.
In our first meeting, we discussed what mutual aid was, and we started listing what needs/desires we felt needed to be met for ourselves as individuals and in the community at large. We also individually listed resources (goods and services) that we could possibly provide others through the mutual aid network.
In this next meeting, we will discuss more about what types of communities have mutual aid networks, and how they might be the same or different from this group. We will continue to develop interpersonal awareness for the individual needs and resources that exist in our group.
This is part of an ongoing series, as we strive toward a new way of life that does not rely on the exploits of capitalism, but rather a community filled with individuals who care for one another.
- What? To learn more about how we can help each other and our community without relying on capitalism.
- When? September 1 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Where? Monkeywrench Books, 110 N Loop Blvd E, Austin, TX 78751.
- Why? Because we’re stronger when we work together and complement each others’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Monkeywrench Books is wheelchair accessible, and close to several bus lines.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org