The OS!WN? Collective, Abrome, the Crustacean Zine Library, and Austin YAWP! would like to invite you to the Raising Resisters’ History of Industrial Education series. The first session of this series will be held on Thursday, May 18th, from 6:30-8:30pm.
This event will not be a lecture. We will be breaking into groups at times to dive deeper into some readings and then coming together to discuss what each group focused on. We will touch upon the foundations of industrial education, and then we will cover various forms of resistance to industrial education. This event will then allow us to build upon it further at the discussion we will facilitate in June.
We will be facilitating this discussion at the newly opened Austin Yawp. Yawp! is a place for Austin’s unschooling, homeschooling, gentle parenting, and other philosophically aligned families to support each other.
The Crustacean Zine Library is a reading room and gathering place for zine enthusiasts.
Abrome is a self-directed learning space for young people in West Austin.
We strive to make all OS!WN? Collective events a space free of oppression, so please leave your hateful garbage at home. For more information, see our rules and FAQ.
- What? A monthly discussion group for parents, educators and anyone interested in raising children in an anti-oppressive style.
- When? May 18 from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Where? Austin Yawp, 4548 Page St, Austin, Texas 78723
- Why? To network and learn with others looking for a better way to raise kids.
- Children are welcome at Raising Resisters events.
- Yawp! is wheelchair accessible, and a 10-15 minute walk from multiple bus lines, near the Mueller Development.