FREE event: On Saturday, March 4th, the Peaceful Streets Project and the Oh Shit! What Now? Collective will offer a copwatch training followed by a hands-on cop watch session for the community at Austin’s Yellow Bike Project.
In an age of increased police surveillance, state terrorism, and rising fascism, it is important to leverage the tools that we have available that can deescalate police interactions, document police interactions, and organize people in a way that does not rely on the police.
At the training, you will learn what the purpose of copwatch is, the legal and safety considerations you need to be aware of, copwatch tactics, and advice on how to set up your own copwatch initiative or how to join one that already exists.
We strive to make all Oh Shit! What Now? events a space free of oppression, so please leave your bullshit at home. For more information on our group, our safer spaces policy and our rules, please see our FAQ: http://
- What? A class about filming the police, followed by a hands-on training in the field
- When? Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 7-9 PM, with a follow on copwatch from 9 PM – Midnight
- Where? Austin’s Yellow Bike Project, 1216 Webberville Rd, Austin, TX 78721
- Why? Because filming the police is your constitutional right, and can keep your community safer.
- Yellow Bike Project is close to the 6 and 300 bus lines and wheelchair accessible.
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org