The OS!WN? Collective, Abrome, the Crustacean Zine Library, and Austin YAWP! would like to invite you to the Raising Resisters’ History of Industrial Education series. The final session of this series will be held on Thursday, August 17th, from 6:30-8:30pm.
Please come even if you could not make any of the prior monthly sessions!! Last month’s discussion was fabulous, and this one will be even better. You do not need to have attended the other sessions of this series to be able to contribute and benefit from this final session.
This event will not be a lecture. We will be breaking into groups at times to dive deeper into some readings and then coming together to discuss what each group focused on. We will touch upon the foundations of industrial education, and then we will cover various forms of resistance to industrial education. This event will then allow us to build upon it further at the discussion we will facilitate in August.
We will be facilitating this discussion at the newly opened Austin Yawp. Yawp! is a place for Austin’s unschooling, homeschooling, gentle parenting, and other philosophically aligned families to support each other.
The Crustacean Zine Library is a reading room and gathering place for zine enthusiasts.
Abrome is a self-directed learning space for young people in West Austin.
We strive to make all OS!WN? Collective events a space free of oppression, so please leave your hateful garbage at home. For more information, see our rules and FAQ.
- What? A monthly discussion group for parents, educators and anyone interested in raising children in an anti-oppressive style.
- When? August 17 from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Where? Austin Yawp, 4548 Page St, Austin, Texas 78723
- Why? To network and learn with others looking for a better way to raise & educate kids.
- Children are welcome at Raising Resisters events.
- Yawp! is wheelchair accessible, and a 10-15 minute walk from multiple bus lines, near the Mueller Development.