Setting (& maintaining) clear boundaries and expectations is a vital part of building conscious, healthy relationships. As usual, our culture and upbringing often provide bad examples and make it more challenging to figure out what we need and stand up for ourselves.
“Conscious” relationships are relationships which are deliberately formed among equals, rather than simply following society’s default scripts. We strive to stay off the “relationship escalator” regardless of our choices.
This is not a lecture or workshop, but a discussion open to all people, of all genders, orientations, and relationship styles.
We will be meeting in the “Basement,” a private meeting space at Genuine Joe Coffee. Please note that we are meeting 30 minutes later than previous meetings, in the other private room than we used before.
This discussion is free, like all OS!WN? events, but we ask that you support the cafe with a small purchase if possible.
We strive to make all OS!WN? events a space free of oppression, so please leave that crap at home. For more information on our group, our safer spaces policy and our rules, please see our FAQ.
- What? A monthly discussion group for anyone interested in discussing better ways of forming intimate relationships.
- When? Sunday, December 3 from 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Where? The “Basement” (private room) at Genuine Joe Coffee, 2001 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757
- Why? Because society’s assumptions about love are full of shit.
- FREE, but please support the cafe by making a small purchase if possible.
- Genuine Joe Coffee is wheelchair accessible and close to several major bus lines. Free parking is available.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org