Are you looking for a protest buddy or tips on how to stay as safe and grounded as possible during heated protests? Do you have questions about anti-fascism in general or antifa in particular? Is your picnic basket gathering dust in a lonely closet?
Come on out and join us for a pre-counter-protest picnic specifically aimed at novice or disconnected activists looking for a safer space to network with others of like mind. Bring your picnic basket, blanket, food to share, friends, children, games, and any information or questions you have. Let’s work together to create opportunities for solidarity and understanding among all who oppose fascism in all its forms.
You’ll find us in the “bowl” in the southwest quadrant of the capitol. We’ll choose a shady spot.
Bring friends! ♥
We strive to make all OSWN? Collective events a space free of oppression, so please leave your hateful garbage at home. For more information on our group, our safer spaces policy and our rules, please see our FAQ.
- What? A place for activists to meet and make new friends and connections before upcoming protests against white supremacy.
- When? September 3 from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Where? Texas State Capitol, 1100 Congress Ave., in the “bowl” on the southwest portion of the grounds, near the African American history memorial
- Why? So that newer and disconnected activists can meet others and feel more prepared for upcoming actions.
- Please bring utensils, a reusable plate and cup, and food to share if you can. Everyone is welcome.
- We will be meeting in a grassy area, but power wheelchairs should be able to reach our meeting spot. We’ll do our best to help anyone with special needs.
- Parking is free on weekends in the Texas Capitol Visitor’s Garage.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org