We all come to our relationships from different places, bringing different experiences and baggage to the table. Building a healthy, conscious connection often means bridging those differences. Unpacking these differences can be especially important, and challenging, when forming relationships among people of different genders, races, ability, and so on.
To balance out this serious topic, we’ll also be talking about happiness, and examining what makes us feel pleasure and satisfaction both inside and outside of our relationships.
“Conscious” relationships are relationships which are deliberately formed among equals, rather than simply following society’s default scripts. We strive to stay off the “relationship escalator” regardless of our choices.
This is NOT a lecture or workshop, but a discussion open to all people, of all genders, orientations, and relationship styles. We’ll be asking everyone who attends to stay on topic, and encouraging you to share personal stories to whatever degree feels comfortable.
We will be meeting in the “Basement,” a private meeting space at Genuine Joe Coffee. Just like last month, we are meeting 30 minutes later and in the OTHER private room than our first meetings.
This discussion is free, like all OS!WN? events, but we ask that you support the cafe with a small purchase if possible.
Genuine Joe’s Coffee is close to several city bus lines. Free parking is also available. Please use the event wall to car pool.
We strive to make all OS!WN? events a space free of oppression, so please leave that crap at home. For more information on our group, our safer spaces policy and our rules, please see our FAQ: http://
- What? A monthly discussion group for anyone interested in discussing better ways of forming intimate relationships.
- When? Sunday, January 14 from 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Where? The “Basement” (private room) at Genuine Joe Coffee, 2001 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757
- Why? Because society’s assumptions about love and intimacy are full of shit.
- FREE, but please support the cafe by making a small purchase if possible.
- Genuine Joe Coffee is wheelchair accessible and close to several major bus lines. Free parking is available.
- Contact: email@example.com
A note on accessibility: Though Genuine Joe has some accessibility features, some concerns have been raised about how comfortable a wheelchair user would feel navigating this space. We’ll be investigating other places to host these events in upcoming months (suggestions welcome).
Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about attending this month’s event.