Conscious Relationships returns for our third discussion, and our second time at Genuine Joe. “Conscious” relationships are relationships which are deliberately formed among equals, rather than simply following society’s default scripts. We strive to stay off the “relationship escalator” regardless of our choices.
In this month’s discussion, we’ll discuss different ways we relate to other people, and the differences in how people form intimate relationships and relationships of all kinds. Possible topics will include asexuality and aromanticism, the difference between relationships and friendships, commitment and casualness, and anything else related to how we relate to one another.
This is NOT a lecture or workshop, but a discussion open to all people, of all genders, orientations, and relationship styles.
We will be meeting in the “Board Room,” a private meeting space at Genuine Joe Coffee. This discussion is free, like all OS!WN? events, but we ask that you support the cafe with a small purchase if possible.
We strive to make all OS!WN? events a space free of oppression, so please leave that crap at home. For more information on our group, our safer spaces policy and our rules, please see our FAQ.
- What? A monthly discussion group for anyone interested in discussing better ways of forming intimate relationships.
- When? September 3 from 6:30-8:30pm
- Where? The “Board Room” (private room) at Genuine Joe Coffee, 2001 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757
- Why? Because society’s assumptions about love are full of shit.
- FREE, but please support the cafe by making a small purchase if possible.
- Genuine Joe Coffee is wheelchair accessible and close to several major bus lines. Free parking is available.