Note: This is a repeat of last month’s topic so more people can enjoy the discussion. At the end of this event, we’ll pick a topic for November.
Conscious Relationships returns for our fourth. “Conscious” relationships are relationships which are deliberately formed among equals, rather than simply following society’s default scripts. We strive to stay off the “relationship escalator” regardless of our choices.
In this month’s discussion, we’ll discuss different ways we relate to other people, and the differences in how people form intimate relationships and relationships of all kinds. Possible topics will include asexuality and aromanticism, the difference between relationships and friendships, commitment and casualness, and anything else related to how we relate to one another.
This is NOT a lecture or workshop, but a discussion open to all people, of all genders, orientations, and relationship styles.
We strive to make all OS!WN? events a space free of oppression, so please leave that crap at home. For more information on our group, our safer spaces policy and our rules, please see our FAQ.
- What? A monthly discussion group for anyone interested in discussing better ways of forming intimate relationships.
- When? Sunday, October 22 from 6:30-8:30pm
- Where? The “Board Room” (private room) at Genuine Joe Coffee, 2001 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757
- Why? Because society’s assumptions about love are full of shit.
- FREE, but please support the cafe by making a small purchase if possible.
- Genuine Joe Coffee is wheelchair accessible and close to several major bus lines. Free parking is available.